Monday, August 27, 2012

Number Five Alive!

Our fifth wedding anniversary was Saturday (Aug 25). I may have exclaimed "Number Five Alive!" several times.
Remember Short Circuit? Full of great one liners.


"Nice software ...."

Anyway, yay us! We enjoyed our day by taking in the WVU Alumni Association's National Capital Area Chapter's 35th Annual Crabfeast!



After the Feast at Fort Hill park in Virginia, we headed back with some friends to the Arlington's WVU -friendly bar, Ragtime, for more fun.

Yes, that is a corsage. Yes, Mike is old fashioned. He thought I needed a pretty flower for our special day (thanks to his helper for helping him with that!).


I'm not sure how we got here, but hey, it has been five years. He might be tired of my chatter.


In keeping with our tradition of buying traditional gifts, we purchased gifts made of wood for each other; which is the traditional gift for a five year anniversary. Mike received a birdhouse and I received a bonsai tree kit. I'm excited to get to work on this guy.


We purchased wood crown moulding for the bungalow, too. It can be considered an anniversary gift. I won't give any more details about that yet. Don't want to spoil future blog posts.

It's so cliche to say 'time flies when you're having fun.' But it is a true statement. Mike and I have been having a lot of fun these past five years. Here's hoping we have at least 50 more!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Congratulations on 5 years you two! Love the corsage too! I think zombies traditionally eat body parts though - not really face punchers. Just sayin'. haha.

    ReplyDelete