Thursday, July 15, 2010

Oh, Pier 1. You know me so well.

I got an email today from Pier 1. Of course I chuckled at the subject line: "Gimme, gimme, gimme! I need! I need!"


The message inside said, "You want them. You need them. You gotta have them. Now's the time to stock up on all the things that make a house a home -- baskets, pillows, candles, dinnerware, lighting and more. You want 'em. We've got 'em. Why fight the urge?"

Hmmmm, Pier 1. I can tell you why I must fight the urge to come visit you. There is a lack of cash flow to support my urges for your trinkets. But if I did ... this room from your Web site's idea room gallery might look nice sitting in our basement space we are currently working on:


I love that little striped chest on the wall!

And we should probably talk about this rug. I do have urges to come buy it from you and put it on our living room floor. But I don't have $200 to part with:

And this bowl? I have an urge for it sit on our dining table:

So yes, I have urges to come see you, Pier 1. But I simply can't afford to. I will have to scour yard sales for more treasures to bring home. So stop teasing me with your emails!!






No comments:

Post a Comment