Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mixing up the old with the new

Mike and I have been trying to figure out what to do with our living room/dining area. You see in the post below I finally broke down and did something to the ginormous blank wall. We still have other plans for the room. Some easy ... some seem impossible. I won't talk about the ceiling (cracked plaster that looks horrendous) or the light fixture/ceiling fan. I won't talk about the lack of window treatments and the inner turmoil the thought that causes me (I love the woodwork and don't want to cover it up!). I won't talk about the perfect corner liquor cabinet we picture in our mind but can't find (hey, dad, don't you make things?). But I will talk about this:




This buffet will soon be in our living/dining room. My dad thinks it was about 100 years old and guess what .. it was completely free. My lovely parents picked it up from family over the weekend and dad is currently storing the beauty in Clay.

So let's talk about it. We already have 3 (?) types of wood in our living room ... the trim, the dining table and my old table in the corner you have seen on here before.
This wood is a bit lighter than any of the others. I think it will mix well (hope it will). I'm not sure I like the scrollwork above the mirror, but dad says it can be removed. I can already see pieces of our Christmas china sitting on top of this with candlelight flickering in the mirrors. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment